St. John’s College have a number of teams entered in the local Secondary Schools competition, and cater for players of all abilities. The 1st XI attends a regional tournament each year and play a number of traditional fixtures.
A Football Institute runs before school throughout the year for selected Year 9 & 10 students.
St. John’s College Football Foundation has been formed. See below for more information.
Teacher in Charge: Mr Michael Oliver – firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondary Schools Football draws – www.gksports.co.nz
Central Football – www.centralfootball.org.nz
Football is played in Terms 2 and part of Term 3 every year.
Games are always Saturday Morning.
There are usually teams for all age groups – Y9 to Y13
Y9 and Y10 are Juniors.
Y11 – Y13 are Seniors
There are teams for different ability of players – top divisions and bottom divisions in Junior or Senior Competitions.
Foundation contact & Details
Contact Michael Oliver for Foundation information
Caleb Marwick – 2018 under 13 years Federation Representative
Jaydon Gordon – 2018 under 16 yrs HB Representative
ST JOHN’S COLLEGE FOOTBALL FOUNDATION
The St. John’s College Football Foundation was set up in 2018, with a view to help support the football player and programme within the college.
The Foundation is working towards achieving the following strategy, and welcomes support at any time.
A possession-based style of attacking play to create and score goals
Underpinned by quick transition and defending through aggressive, collective and intelligent pressing
The point of difference will be our St John’s character and values we hold
Purpose and Objectives
Provide all players, regardless of ability, with a high-quality football experience in order for them to fall in love with football, retaining them in the game to realise their potential.
- Ensure a high number of youth players are encouraged to play football at St. John’s with the opportunity to represent their school in competition.
- Provide or communicate a clear pathway for our players to ensure a lifelong love of the game
- Provide clear training and playing guidelines based on international best practice so that they learn to play the game. Providing development feedback at every opportunity.
- Explore opportunities for our players in all aspects of the game eg. Refereeing, Futsal
- Foster a supportive and strong positive culture between the players
- Quality against Quantity
- Football for all
- Physical and mental wellbeing of players
- Four corners of football are delivered for players – Technical / Mental / Physical / Tactical
- Match is for the player